A NIGHT IN THE EKIONKIESTHA’ NATIONAL LONGHOUSE
Who : Primary school and High School students.
Duration : All night, with activities in the longhouse.
Go back to the 1530’s, at the time of the first contact between Europeans and Huron-Wendat while living a night in a traditional longhouse. This Iroquoian longhouse reconstitution, heated by three fires, allows the students to live an authentic and memorable experience. It is a symbol of family, of hospitality and of the legendary welcome of these millenial people.
- Lodging in the national longhouse Ekionkiestha’;
- Four (4) rooms simultaneously for the modern conveniences;
- Services of a ‘’firekeeper’’ for all night to take care of yourself and your dreams;
- An introduction to the Huron-Wendat Nation’s history;
- Welcoming by a storyteller who will perform the myths and legends activity;
- Baking on the fire and tasting of the bannock (traditional bread);
- Hot-beverage from the boreal forest.
***Possible to create an « à la carte » package with the other educational activities.
Contact : 418 847-2260 extension 6003
Email : [email protected]
**Also available to the general public
Reservation at the desk of the Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations